Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of the kitchen area
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a hot and humid environment.
- Prepare Burgers, Fries, sandwiches
- Make steam vegetable, Fry Plantatins, etc
- Prepare produce or meat for next day cooking
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by Senior Kitchen Management.
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right amount of pots, pans, utensils, all times during operation hours.
- Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdown a three compartment sink.
- Take daily temperature of food in refrigerators.
- Pick up, wash and replenish used pots and pans from the line during service.
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial cleaning supplies.
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are stocked with hand towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze, and mop floor regularly to avoid slips and falls.
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after service.
- Always use personal protective equipment while working – mainly protective gloves when using a metal scrubby.
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our operational hours
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
- General awareness of working in a professional kitchen and in a dish area – preferred.
- Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced professional kitchen – preferred.
- Must be able to do small scale cooking and therefore comfortable in the kitchen(training will be provided)
- Must possess the following key essential qualities – adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail – required.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs – required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours – required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, , December 23rd to January 4th (except for Christmas), President’s Day Weekend and other holidays as requested – required.
Supplemental pay types:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- Jamaican food: 1 year (Preferred)